Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Florida Water Star (FWS) is a voluntary water conservation certification program for new homes and commercial
buildings that meet specific water-efficiency criteria for:
• Indoor fixtures and appliances
• Landscape design
• Irrigation systems
• The home must be FWS certified by a trained FWS certifier.
• Home plans must include a permanent inground irrigation system.
• Irrigation system water must be purchased from Pasco County Utilities and must be potable (not reclaimed and not well).
• Rebate funds are available for the first 75 homes to achieve FWS certification beginning October 1, 2016.
• $700 rebate per home.
• Irrigation and landscape contractors will be trained to design and install systems meeting FWS criteria.
• FWS certifiers are available to assist in building to FWS criteria and inspect homes.
• Free FWS brochures are available and customizable with your logo.
• Real estate sales professional training will be oered for selling your FWS-certified homes.
• FWS-certified homes save an estimated $530 on annual utility bills.
• Homes have undergone a FWS inspection, ensuring the most water-efficient features are installed.
• FWS-certified homes save up to 48,000 gallons of water each year.
• Homes deliver landscape designs and irrigation systems that provide better performance and superior quality.
• Free FWS plaques for h ome owner d isplay.
To learn more about the FWS program and rebate opportunities, please contact Robin Grantham, Southwest Florida
Water Management District, at (352) 796-7211, ext. 4779.