View all facilities
Gunner Paw Park
- Dog Park
- Park Bench
- Size: 5.66 Acres
- Off-leash dog park for both large and small breeds
- Multi-purpose trail
- Wooded areas along with park benches
- Trash receptacles
- Primary use: Paw Park / Passive
- Park users and dog owners assume all risks related to the use of this park.
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 5 years are not permitted in the fenced off-leash areas due to health and safety concerns.
- Animals other than dogs are not permitted.
- Dog(s) must be leashed when entering and exiting fenced off-leash areas.
- Choke chain type collars are prohibited.
- No more than 2 dogs per handler.
- Small breed dogs (less than 25 lbs.) must remain in the small dog designated area when off leash.
- Large breed dogs (more than 26 lbs.) must remain in the large dog designated area when off leash.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced enclosure with their dog(s), carry a leash, keep within sight of the dog(s) and the dog(s) shall be under the control of visual or oral commands when off leash at all times.
- All dogs must be legally licensed, have current vaccinations and wear a collar with visible license tag at all times.
- Dogs that have been declared dangerous or aggressive are strictly prohibited (F.S.S. 767).
- Dog(s) must be removed at first signs of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs under the age of 6 months are prohibited.
- Dog feces must be picked up immediately using pet litter bags and disposed of properly in trash receptacles. Re: City Ord. Number 932-05.
- Dog owners must immediately fill any hole their dog(s) dig.
- All food and treats (both human and pet) are prohibited within the fenced off leash areas.
The city of Zephyrhills reserves the right to:
- Close the facility for any circumstances deemed necessary.
- Restrict entry and ask persons to leave the facility if policies and guidelines are not followed or if unsafe behavior is observed.
- Report any maintenance concerns to the Parks Department office by phone at 813-780-0022 or by email.
- In case of emergency call 911. The nonemergency Police Department phone number is 813-780-0050.