On January 25, 2016, the City of Zephyrhills adopted a Form-Based Code specifically for the U.S. 301/Gall Boulevard Corridor Area. The Form-Based Code is a tool used to regulate new development in a manner that is compatible with the community's vision.
The Form-Based Code contains standards and regulations to guide future public and private investments that work hand-in-glove to create opportunities for:
- Development and redevelopment
- Protection of special places
- Expanded housing options
- A vibrant destination for residents and visitors
- Business retention and new job creation
- Complete streets that accommodate all users
- Compatibility and connectivity with adjacent neighborhoods
- Green infrastructure to manage stormwater
City planners created the Form-Based Code in collaboration with a Code Advisory Group and guidance from the adopted Zephyrhills Community Redevelopment Plan and U.S. 301/Gall Boulevard Corridor Regulating Plan. The Code Advisory Group, made up of community stakeholders, gave planners a greater understanding of the issues and opportunities within the corridor area.