Administration FAQ

Q: If I have a Police Department employee provide me with exceptional service who can I notify so they are recognized?
A: If you feel an employee from the Police Department, whether it is a police officer, communications officer or a records clerk please feel free to write to the Chief of Police or just notify a supervisor so the employee can be recognized.

Q: Where can I find information on Oakside Cemetery?
A: For basic information, please visit All other requests should be directed to the City Clerk at 813-780-0000.

Q: How can I request to rent Alice Hall Community Center and Wickstrom Stage?
A: This is done through the City Clerk at 813-780-0000. Reservations are required at both facilities. There is no charge to use Wickstrom Stage.

Q: Does the city have an animal control department?
A: The City contracts with Pasco County for animal control. Their number is 813-929-1212.

Q: How can I request a copy of a city ordinance or City Council agenda minutes?
A: This is done through the City Clerk. If research is required a nominal fee is charged for the time as well as the copies.

Q: What is the procedure to get on the agenda to speak to City Council?
A: In order to speak before City Council, please provide written documentation regarding the subject you wish to address. This provides adequate time for research to provide help for you. The request should be submitted to the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before the Monday meeting.

Q: When are City Council meetings scheduled?
A: The regular Council meetings are the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 6:00 p.m. Special meeting and workshops are called at different times as required.

Q: What are the requirements to run for City Council?
A: To run for Mayor or City Council you must be 18 years old, a registered voter and have lived in the City of Zephyrhills for 6 months. The terms are for two years. The City Council is comprised of 5 members. Each Council member holds one seat. Seats are numbered 1 through 5. Candidates may not seek election for more that one seat and are elected at large. The candidate receiving the most votes among those seeking election to a particular seat shall occupy the seat for the term.
The regular election of the Mayor and City Council members is held the second Tuesday of April each year. Qualifying is in February preceding the April election. The qualifying official for the City is the City Clerk. In even number years the Mayor and Seat 2 and 4 are elected. In odd number years Seat 1, 3 and 5 are elected. Mayor and City Council receive a $4,800 per year honorarium paid bi-annually.

Q: How and where can I register to vote?
A: Voter registration is done by mail. Forms are available at City Hall and in the Library.
Copyright 2017 by City of Zephyrhills   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |     |  Login