COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
(UPDATED 11:00 am 3/30/20)
The health and welfare of our citizens is of the utmost priority for the City of Zephyrhills. The City has been closely monitoring COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disease and is taking steps to implement protocols suggested by state and federal agencies. The City’s leaders are working closely with Pasco County Emergency Management, the Florida Department of Health and the CDC to monitor the situation locally.
- City Hall is open to the public at this time. The 8th Street entrance is closed, but you can still enter in through the 7th Street entrance from the parking lot.
- City Council meetings will be conducted through GoToMeeting. Public involvement is encouraged and is available by calling into the meeting. Staff will make the phone number and access code available on the agendas posted for each meeting.
- All open spaces at the City parks will remain open to the public at this time. Gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited.
- Beginning Monday, March 30th, all city playgrounds, park bathrooms, and splash pad will be closed until further notice.
Current City Closings/Cancellations
- Police Department – Front lobby and Records Section are closed to the public for non-emergency business until further notice. Dial 9-1-1 for all emergencies. If you need to file a non-emergency police report or have any other general non-emergency police business, please call 813-780-0050, extension #1.
- Zephyrhills Public Library – All inside programming and room reservations are cancelled until further notice. Our book drop remains open for returns. The staff is available by phone Monday through Friday to provide assistance with audio books, e-books and online resources by calling 813-780-0064.
- Zephyrhills Municipal Airport - Will operate as "Self Service" until further notice.
- Alice Hall & the Train Depot rentals have been cancelled until further notice.
- All closings/cancellations will be updated accordingly.
- Per direct order of Governor DeSantis, all bars and clubs will be closed for the next thirty days as of 5:00 PM Tuesday, March 17th.
Click here Version OptionsCOVID-19 (Coronavirus) InformationHeadline PDF Download for President Trump’s updated Coronavirus guidelines.
We encourage all members of the public to:
- Practice good hygiene including washing hands frequently and routine environmental cleaning.
- Limit social groups to a total of 10 or less people.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines by remaining at least six feet from others.
- Stay home if you are ill.
Zephyrhills Utility Customers
In an effort to follow public health recommendations and limit face-to-face contact, we would like to remind you that there are alternatives to coming into City Hall and paying your utility bill at the counter. Customers can:
1) Go online to zephyrhillsfl.watersmart.com and register your account. You can pay with debit or credit card and can also enter checking account information for echecks.
2) Pay over the phone by calling 833-360-7528. You will need your account number, as the automated system will ask you to enter the entire account number. You can use credit or debit cards, or enter your checking account number.
3) Mail your payment to the address on your bill in the payment envelope enclosed with your bill. The envelope is addressed to 415 Pisgah Church Road, Suite #374, Greensboro, NC 27455.
4) Place check payment in the drop box in front of City Hall, 5335 Eighth Street. The metal box attached to the building is labeled “Place Payments Here”. Please do not place cash in the box. Place your check and payment stub in an envelope.
In addition, if you want to connect or disconnect service, you can accomplish this by going here.
Our community’s health is very important to us. Please check the links below frequently, for the most up-to-date information.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC)
- Pasco County Emergency Management
- Florida Department of Health http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/index.html
- Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard