- Building Department
- Commercial Information
- Pool Requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR POOLS, JACUZZI, SPAS & HOT TUBS
CITY OF ZEPHYRHILLS
5335 8TH ST
1. Licenses: The City will reciprocate with state certified license or county competency license.
Fees for all contractors are $30.00 each. If homeowner residing in said dwelling & desires to do work, a homeowner’s permit may be pulled.
2. Contact Duke Energy customer service 1-800-700-8744 you must let them know the permitting office needs a letter of no conflict. Duke does charge a small fee to have the letter done.
3. Legal description: Lot & block numbers & subdivision (if applicable). Parcel I.D. # is also required (you can find this on property tax receipt).
4. Two sets engineered plans & site plans showing setbacks, minimum required as follows:
Zoning of R1, R2, & R3 single family: Zoning of R4 & R3 duplexes:
10’ feet on interior side property line or 10’ feet on interior side property line or
20’ feet if corner lot 30’ feet if corner lot
10’ feet on rear 15’ feet on rear
20’ feet on front 30’ feet on front
Any walls or accessory structures adjacent thereto must comply with required district setbacks.
5. Requirements for pool enclosure must be permitted before or with pool permits.
6. Permits required: Residential in-ground - minimum. $50.00; above ground/Spa - minimum $45.00; commercial - minimum $70.00.
a. Building fee based on contract or cost of pool.
b. Electrical fee: $45. (Must be pulled with building permit).
c. Plumbing fee: $45 (Not applicable if above ground pools).
7. Above ground & portable pools require permits; above referenced requirements are applicable, except for the following: if GFI receptacle is within 3 feet of the pump & pump has flex cord with a grounding type attachment- No electrical permit is required.
8. Inspection required for in-ground pools – bonding (any metal within 5 feet of water’s edge or in pool); rough plumbing & rough electrical (if applicable); rough inspection on decking (if applicable); final – enclosure to be final before pool is filled with water or at pool final.
9. Fences or any type of enclosures are required to be permitted. Barriers shall comply with the 5th edition Florida Building Code, Chapter 4.
10. If public pool- State Board of Health stamp & Pasco County Health Department approval required.