- Water Division
The Water Division is responsible for the City's water supply and treatment operations and water and reclaimed water distribution systems which includes 7 water (wells) treatment plants, elevated storage tank, pumping station and Dade City/Zephyrhills interconnect, more than 14,000 water meters, 835 fire hydrants, over 300 miles of water distribution pipes and the reclaimed water distribution system.
This responsibility more specifically includes:
- The water treatment operations and distribution pumping (to the customer's tap)
- Well and distribution sampling
- Flushing programs
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection and Southwest Florida Water Management District operating permits
- Chemical ordering
- Meter turn-ons / turn-offs/ lock off
- Water main breaks
- Backflow prevention
- Utilities locates
- Customer complaints
- New water services
- Valve exercising and operations / maintenance of the valve system
- Fire hydrant operation and maintenance
- Meter reading
- Meter box repairs and installation
- Meter change-outs
- Meter leaks
They are also responsible for distribution line installations, breaks and preventative maintenance.
Treatment Plants Permits
The Water Treatment Plants and distribution system is permitted by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Florida Administrative Codes
The Water Division is responsible to operate and maintain this system in accordance with the operating permit and within Florida Administrative Codes.
There are 13 employees in the Water Division.